Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter morning resurrection run @ Concordia, Kirkwood.

I survived my first 'running' 5 K along with co-workers Laura Wilson, Deb Wudtke, Chris Kottwitz and husband, Martin Kottwitz in Kirkwood after a sunrise service at Forever Oak Hill cemetery.  I finished 129th out of 142 runners.  Not bad for my first time.  There was one other person my age (60) and two slightly older.  My goal was to finish, run as much as possible and not be last. I know I can do better next time. The race was organized by Concordia Lutheran and Jeremy Becker to help the senior youth pay for mission trips this summer.

While at the cemetery service I was standing by a grave for John Adams Meyer 1912-1945.  How young to die.  I wondered why?  The only way I remembered this was to use JAM initials to help.  I was thinking of food while singing before the run and what they would have at the Easter breakfast afterwards. Thank you God for my longer life and for your Son!

No comments: